Pedernales, Dominican Republic
Pedernales is a province located in the southwestern part of the Dominican Republic. It is bordered by the provinces of Independencia to the north, Bahoruco to the east, and Haiti to the south. The capital of the province is Pedernales.
Pedernales is known for its beautiful beaches, its proximity to the Jaragua National Park, and its laid-back atmosphere. It is a popular destination for eco-tourism and adventure travel.
Here are some of the things you can do in Pedernales:
Visit the Jaragua National Park: The Jaragua National Park is home to a variety of wildlife, including crocodiles, iguanas, and birds. You can go hiking, swimming, and bird watching in the park.
- Relax on the beach: Pedernales is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic. You can spend your days swimming, sunbathing, and exploring the coastline.
- Go hiking: Pedernales is home to a number of hiking trails, ranging from easy to challenging. You can enjoy stunning views of the surrounding countryside from the top of the mountains.
- Go kayaking: You can go kayaking in the Pedernales River. It is a great way to see the wildlife and the scenery.
- Go fishing: You can go fishing in the Caribbean Sea or in the Pedernales River. There are a variety of fish to catch, including tarpon, snapper, and grouper.
Visit the Los Haitises National Park: The Los Haitises National Park is located in the northeastern part of Pedernales Province. It is home to a variety of mangroves, caves, and lagoons. You can go hiking, kayaking, and bird watching in the park.
If you are planning a trip to Pedernales, here are some tips:
- The best time to visit Pedernales is during the winter (December to April), when the weather is dry and sunny.
- There are a variety of hotels and resorts to choose from in Pedernales, to fit all budgets.
- There are many restaurants in Pedernales that serve a variety of cuisines, from local Dominican fare to international cuisine.
- Be sure to bargain when shopping in Pedernales, as this is the custom.
- The locals in Pedernales are very friendly and welcoming, so be sure to chat with them and learn about their culture.