Fantino, Sanchez Ramirez, Dominican Republic
Fantino is a municipality in the Sánchez Ramírez province of the Dominican Republic. It is located about 95 kilometers from the city of Santiago de los Caballeros. The municipality has a population of about 22,117 people.
Fantino is known for its beautiful scenery, its agricultural production, and its traditional Dominican culture. The municipality is home to several mountains, rivers, and waterfalls. The main agricultural products in Fantino are coffee, cacao, and bananas.
Here are some of the things to do in Fantino:
- Visit the Parque Central (Central Park): This park is a popular place to relax and enjoy the nature.
- Go hiking in the Cerro de la Cumbre (Summit Mountain): This mountain offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Visit the Iglesia Parroquial San Antonio de Padua (Saint Anthony of Padua Parish Church): This church is a beautiful example of Spanish colonial architecture.
- Visit the Hacienda Fantino (Fantino Plantation): This plantation is a popular tourist destination and offers tours of the coffee and cacao production process.
The best time to visit Fantino is during the dry season, which goes from November to April. The weather is warm and sunny during this time, with average temperatures in the high 20s Celsius.
The currency in Fantino is the Dominican peso (DOP). The exchange rate is currently about DOP 58 per USD 1.
The official language of Fantino is Spanish.
Here are some additional information about Fantino:
- The municipality was founded in 1893.
- The name Fantino comes from the name of a man named Fantino de la Cruz, who was the first person to settle in the area.
- Fantino is home to the Cerro de la Cumbre, a mountain that is sacred to the local Taíno people.
- The municipality is also home to the Hacienda Fantino, a coffee and cacao plantation that is a popular tourist destination.
I hope this information is helpful.